Hiking is the peaceful dialogue with yourself and the mountains, whether in small or large tours with different levels of difficulty. In addition to guided tours, everyone can hike the environment based on the walking map at its discretion. 157 km of marked hiking trails are available for you.
Special tips for hiking
Gipfelweg - after a ride on the quad chairlift Hochkarbahn
leads a good walking route in about 20 minutes to Hochkargipfel on
- Mountain lake hike - from upper parking Hochkar performs a forest road in about 30 minutes to the idyllic mountain lake (about 1.570m).
- Circular walks Hochkar - from the starting point upper Hochkar parking are several variants possible to explore the rolling Hochkar. In walking time 2 to 4 hours, the panoramic and beautiful alpine flora be admired.
- Alpinweg Hochkar Dürrenstein Ötscher a great scenic exceeded mostly above the tree line. Absolute slip resistance is required.
More information and panorama in our free summer Folder!
More hiking tips in Gostling-Hochkar and environment
- Topics wheel and trail "The Power of Water" with the romantic gorge Steinbach.
- High moor "Leckermoos" on Hochreith
- Siebenhütten - Kitzhütte
- Wilderness Dürrenstein
- Adventure World Mendlingtal
- Palfauer Wasserlochklamm
- Round trip Hochkar-Ringkogel-Schwarzalm-Brunnereckerhütte-Hochkar
More information can be found on www.ybbstaler-alpen.at!
The Göstlinger hiking map (EUR 3.00) and lust for Hiking (EUR 11.00) are also available at the Tourist Office Göstlinger Alps and at the valley station of the Hochkarbahn!